There are many reasons why you may require an independent valuation. You may simply require professional advice on the true value of your home. Alternatively you may be a cash buyer wishing to check that the price you are paying for a property is correct.
ECOHDS Chartered Surveyors are very well qualified to provide these services as well as providing more formal valuations for the following purposes:
- Help to Buy valuations: You may have been asked to provide a valuation report. This type of valuation needs to be carried out by a surveyor who is registered with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Shared Ownership staircasing valuations: This is when you want to buy further shares in your shared ownership property, brought either new, as a resale or via Social Homebuy.
- Capital Gains Tax valuation: Is payable when you sell a property that is not your home and it increases in value from the time of purchase. CGT is calculated by applying two valuations; one at the time of purchase and the other at the time of sale.
- Probate/Inheritance Tax valuation: This type of valuation is often required where the estate of the deceased is taxable and therefore a calculation of the value of the deceased’s entire estate is required in order to assess the potential inheritance tax liability.
- Matrimonial/Division of Equity valuation: When a long-term relationship comes to an end, there are often financial issues to resolve. This may include the property you shared with your partner. To protect your interest, you should consider getting a valuation of the shared home to assess it’s market worth.
- Portfolio valuations: A report that determines the total value of holdings within your portfolio.
- Asset/Book valuations
Not all services are available in all locations.
Call us to discuss your needs and we can guarantee a price match with an additional 10% discount in certain areas.